“CROSS CONNECTION” PROGRAM NOTES --
Great for small group discussions, Sunday School classes or personal devotions! These are the same guides we use to record “Cross Connection” radio programs. Feel free to download any or all of them for ministry purposes.
Our current theme is “Christian Messages In Secular Music”, featuring classic pop, rock and folk songs from the 1960s and 1970s. To best use these Program Notes, may we suggest an approach similar to how we present the “Cross Connection” radio programs...
- Introduce the featured song
- Share a few personal memories associated with it
- Play song for the group
- Briefly discuss background information -- e.g., about the song,
songwriter and/or recording artist(s) / group(s), inspiration for the song,
what was going on in the world when it was written, released, or popular
- Review the lyrics, highlighting the “cross connection” -- their relationship
to instruction God gave us in the Bible
- Summarize what God wants us to know in relation to the song’s theme